Knee joint is the most commonly operated joint via arthroscopic surgery. Due to its superficial location, it is most commonly injured joint during any sport related injury or even road accident.
Arthroscopy for the knee is most commonly used for:
- Removal or repair of torn meniscal cartilage
- Reconstruction of a torn anterior / posterior cruciate ligament
- Trimming of torn pieces of articular cartilage
- Removal of loose fragments of bone or cartilage
- Removal of inflamed synovial tissue
- Cartilage repair surgeries